Department: Administrative Job
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports
to: Administrative Support Manager
of Travel Required: Minimal Job Type: Administrative
Supervised: None Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Position Summary: The
Administrative Specialist will primarily be responsible to complete the needed
tasks at the receptionist, admission, medical records, operator, crisis
coordinator and transcriptionist
stations. This includes managing the
areas of responsibility in a professional manner in matters of customer
service. Determining need, meeting that need, and if appropriate, direct clients and visitors to the appropriate staff.
- All duties described in the Receptionist,
Admission Coordinator, Medical Records, Data Entry, Scanning and Operator job
- Open/close the building and front office area for
- Answer and direct in-coming calls, including
working voice mail.
- Check in clients and family members for appointments.
- Request amount due for services and maintain
- Centralized Scheduling and maintaining Clinical
- Obtain demographic information and follow proper
procedure of updating this information in the EMR.
- CBCL scoring in the EMR.
- Produce DNA letters.
- Mailings or other support services as requested.
- Maintain appropriate channels of communication
with Agency staff.
- Data entry of attendant care notes,
Sub-contracting notes, KHS registration, Learning Disorder documents and
all other documentation as assigned.
- Support and coverage of word processing
- Process Transcription for Psychiatry staff.
- Process Progress Notes for Attendant Care.
- Process any staff accommodation notes for staff.
- Process Learning and Development notes.
- Receive initial requests for services and
- Coordinate access to services, including
insurance benefit checks and other financial processes.
- Admission scheduling and efficient documentation.
- Meet with the client and family for registration
- Set up Payors correctly.
- Complete Admission data entry into Clients EMR;
demographics, insurance, payors, etc.
- Monitor contact screens by Provider report for
pending admissions and follow-up.
- Receive internal and external requests for crisis services.
- Scheduling and efficient documentation.
- Maintain appropriate channels of communication with Agency
- May perform other duties as assigned by the Crisis Outpatient Manager or designee.
- Coordinates with FSGC staff to ensure proper
procedures are being followed with regard to the request for information and
releases of information.
- Insures that the proper medical record
procedures are being followed and logged.
- Responsible for maintenance and security of the
Clinical Session videos.
- Locate records which have been checked out or
are missing by maintaining the check-out log.
- Responsible for the security and safety of
- Answer and direct in-coming calls within
- Assemble Admission Packets and Training Manuals.
- Process Rights & Responsibility mailings.
- In a timely manner, receive, sort, and scan documents
into the EMR.
- Sort incoming documents for scanning properly.
- Purging of charts when necessary.
- Comply with Family Service and Guidance Center
policies and procedures; take appropriate action to correct any obvious unsafe conditions.
- Required to maintain confidential material.
- Some travel between office locations may be required.
- High School graduate or GED equivalency.
- Must successfully pass the KBI, SRS Central
Registry and all other background investigations.
- A valid driver's
license, a good driving record, current auto insurance and reliable
transportation maybe required.
in using computers and Microsoft Office Products is desirable.
- Must have outstanding human relations skills.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work with all professional levels of employment.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility, along with good organizational and time management skills.
- Dependability and demonstrated ability to assume responsibility with minimal supervision is essential.
- Required to maintain confidential material.
- Travel between office locations may be required.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33%
of the time (0-2.5 hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from
33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more
than 66% of the time (5.5 hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand (F) 10 lbs. or less (F)
Walk (F) 11-20 lbs. (O)
Sit (F) 21-50 lbs. (O)
Manually Manipulate (O) 51-100 lbs. (O)
Reach Outward (O) Over 100 lbs. (O)
Reach Above Shoulder (O)
Climb (N) Push/Pull
Crawl (N) 12 lbs. or less (F)
Squat or Kneel (O) 26-40 lbs. (O)
Bend (F) 41-100 lbs. (N)
Other Physical Demands:
- Minimal risk of exposure
to aggressive and/or acting out (verbal and physical) children and youth.
- Position requires long
periods of sitting, continual use of the keyboard and personal computer
and/or speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to perform duties as
required in a fast-paced office environment.
has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic
duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job
expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It
is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements
may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not
represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change
this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the
company may deem appropriate.