Outpatient Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports
to: Outpatient Manager
Positions Supervised: None Amount
of Travel Required: Up to 20%, SN
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; Hours may vary between
**Currently - Contingent Job Offers to Graduating Master's
Students for 2021 based on successful completion of Master's Degree & BSRB
**Sign-on Bonus paid out in 2-tiers: $1,000 at hire and $1,000 after 1-year of
service with the Agency - Offer lasts until 6/15/21**
is primarily responsible for providing individual, family and group
psychotherapy to children, adolescents and families at Family Service &
Guidance Center. The Clinician works closely with the client,
family, teachers, school professionals and treatment team to identify treatment
goals, objectives and discharge criteria.
- Complete admission assessments per agency procedure for all new or returning clients. Psychotherapy processes may be provided in the office, the client home, school or community.
- Provide individual, family and group therapy to children, adolescents and families.
- Meets productivity expectation of Family Service & Guidance Center.
- Clinicians may complete PRTF pre-authorizations by CBST and face-to-face evaluations in a timely manner as expected by MCOs.
- Provide crisis intervention with families as deemed appropriate.
- Be familiar in the philosophy of WrapAround Services both for the purpose of assessing needs and delivering services.
- Participate in weekly team meetings for the purpose of case assignments, case review, individual case planning and collaboration with team members.
- Complete clinical documentation (admission assessments, progress notes, 90 day progress reviews, referrals for other services, etc.) in compliance with time lines established by Family Service & Guidance Center's Quality Assurance standards as well as those set by funding sources.
- Expected to stay informed of agency developments by reading memorandums and other agency related written communication.
- Provide clinical oversight of clinical cases and direct treatment among multiple Family Service & Guidance Center providers when assigned the role of primary provider.
- Master's or Doctoral Level Psychologists may be assigned the responsibility of completing psychological testing under the supervision of the licensed psychologist coordinating assessment services.
- Respect and demonstrate ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Act as an ambassador of Family Service & Guidance Center in the community setting. This may include doing public educational and informational presentations.
- Supports and actively promotes the vision and mission of Family Service & Guidance Center and the philosophy of the strengths perspective.
- Other duties as assigned by the Outpatient Manager.
- Master's degree in a recognized mental health discipline: Social Work, Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy or Psychology.
- Valid license to practice in the state of Kansas; advanced licensure preferred; LAC also preferred.
- Must successfully pass the KBI, DCF and all other background investigations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, a good driving record, current auto insurance and reliable transportation.
- Active membership in professional organizations strongly encouraged.
- Experience working with children and families preferred.
- Passion and desire to work with children and adolescents.
have sufficient ambulatory capabilities to work with children and adolescents
in the office setting. Position may
require the ability to use physical holding (MAB) with children and adolescents
exhibiting out of control behaviors.
Community-Based working environment; requires flexible schedule; frequent
interruptions occur; expected to deal with individuals in crisis, potential risk
of exposure to aggressive and/or acting out (verbal and physical) children and
has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic
duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job
expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It
is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements
may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not
represent a contact of employment, and the company reserves the right to change
this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the
company may deem appropriate.